Yoga is one of the best exercises for body and soul. For those who could not spend time for Yoga and think Yoga takes so much times to do, then you can try Yoga with Butterfly Pose or Badhakonasana. Badhakonasana only takes short times approximately 5-7 minutes ( depend on how you perform it ), so you can do this every day at ease.
In Badhakonasana ( pronounced as BAH-dah-cone-AHS-ana ), both feet tucked near the groin and clasped tightly with the hands as if tied along in an explicit angle. The appearance of this yoga is looked like butterfly because of the movement of leg throughout the posture seems like butterfly wave its wings.
How to Do Badhakonasana or Butterfly Pose Yoga
- Position your body to sit on the floor or a soft mat.
- Bring the soles of your feet touching each other in front of the body. You may need to put your hands beneath your feet for support
- Try to bring the heels as close to the genitals as possible.
- This position will bring your body with a good stretch. Now take a deep breath, breath in and breath out, press your thighs and knees downward towards the ground
- Slowly flutter both the legs up and down like the wings of a butterfly. Do it slowly and gradually increase the speed, keep breathing normally
- Flutter your legs up and down faster, relax your body and mind, and then slow down and stop
- Take a deep breath inhale and exhale, bend your body forward and keep your chin up and your spine erect.
- Push your elbows to the thighs or knees and pressing your thighs and knees nearer to the floor
- Take a deep breath and relaxing your muscles
- Exhale and unleash the posture, align your legs out in front of you
- Feel the bloodstream of the air in your body so that the mind and emotions become lighter.
Benefits of Badhakonasana or Butterfly Pose Yoga
- Improve flexibility within the groin and hip region
- Good exercise and stretch for the inner thighs, groin and knees
- Remove fatigues
- Increase function of intestine and bowel
- Relief menstrual cramps and menopause symptoms
- Regular Badhakonasana is beneficial for pregnant woman to have smooth delivery
This Yoga is very easy to do. However, if you experience knee injury, it’s advised to provide soft cushion or blanket to support. Whenever you have some times, it could time to Yoga.